Last Updated: “Sun Jan 4 02:41:29 PST 2015”
I think I might be going back to try Android again. I’m publishing this now. I’ll try and keep it updated.
- Alarm Clock Plus
- Amazon, Ebay
- aSpotCat check app permissions
- Authenticator 2 factor auth for google and facebook accounts
- Google Drive (and docs and sheets)
- Days Left Widget Pro
- gReader Plus - RSS Feed Reader with delightful navigation
- GPS Status
- Juice SSH client
- Wundergound - lovely weather app
- NS Wallet
- Null Keyboard - sigh
- ReadItToMe Pro
- Redfin & Zillow
- Remote for iTunes
- silent sleep
- Star Walk and Solar System Explorer
- Tesla LED flashlight
- Torque along with this ODB2 Reader
- Voice Plus (v2 Voice Plus didn’t work for me) - make it so only some calls go through google voice
- WiFi Analyzer
- Dialogue - turns my mac into a bluetooth headset (also allows moto-x to unlock)
- Android File Transfer - I have no idea why it can’t just look like a drive.
Things that drive me nuts:
- I can’t turn off an alarm using the headphone button, or any bluetooth buttons either.
- App Permissions - allow me to grant deny app permissions on a per app basis rather than an install/no-install choice. Facebook wants too many permissions I don’t want to grant it.
- Wifi Sucks - won’t work with an airport extreme and express with the same SSID - made two networks and it won’t switch between them.
Games (I’ve decided NO GAMES on my new phone so this is out of date)
Things I haven’t yet tried:
Things I didn’t like:
- reqall - never seemed to work
- Evernote - required contacts and or calendar access
- Facebook - required too many permissions and is not trustable (see when they uploaded all your android sms stuff)
- Stopwatch and Timer - I liked this, but clock in kitkat has a nice timer and stopwatch
- Data Usage didn’t show correct data.
- Feedly gReader pro is better
- SecretBox Plus ns wallet
- MacRemote - control iTunes
- Headphone SMS - read it to me pro was better
- Jay’s Headset Control - I might go back to this haven’t quite needed it yet.
- Headset Droid - even though it has contacts permission
- My-Cast weather - temps and % chance of rain (wunderground is better)
This page has a short url: http://wtwf.com/android