Last Updated: “Sun Jan 4 02:40:38 PST 2015”
Privacy and Browsing
- AdBlock Plus
- Copy Clipper - shorten urls in the clipboard - I wrote this!
- Go Up - super useful - navigate up a directory with a click
- Image Properties Context Menu - useful for image size and hidden alt text.
- Save to Google Drive - I contributed code to this one once!
- Screen Capture (by Google) - mostly I use skitch.
- Search by Image (by Google) - right click, find this image elsewhere.
- Markdown Here - make your emails with code in them super pretty.
- RSS Subscription Extension (by Google) - click to subscribe in feedly.
- Stylebot - easily modify the look of pages (feedly articles and slashdot mostly).
- LastPass: Free Password Manager
- Query String Parameters - show the values of all the url parameters
- JSONView - easily view json - pull request pending to support xss busting prefixes
- Octotree - github source browsing sidebar
- GitHub Tweaks - open issues in a new tab - I wrote this too!
Other (and rarely used)
- Google Cast
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
- Google Voice (by Google)
- Secure Shell
- Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool
- Chrome Remote Desktop
- URL Parameter - doesn’t decode +, bulky display, bad at displaying long string - requires too much permission.
- AdBlock - went closed source - started monetizing with disconnect
- Disconnect - ad block plus does it for free and less monetization
- Ghostery - adblockplus seems to do all this too. too many annoying upgrade popups.
I’m starting to think about turning off auto update for all the extensions that require all my data on all websites. Then I’ll audit them to work out if I trust them or not. But it’s a lot of work. I guess I can turn off auto update by editing the update_url in each extension’s manifest.json.
This page has a short url: http://wtwf.com/chrome